Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chilli Padi Restaurant.. Promotion after renovation !!


I got to know from a client that Chilli Padi is offering a 50% discount on all food and drinks as promotion after renovation for 3 days which is 28th, 29th and 30th September. As the place is really near my office, we decided to have our lunch there on the later 2 days to enjoy this special promotion.
To my surprise, big crowd was there to queue for seat. For both of the days, we waited for at least half an hour for the table and another half an hour for the food to be served. Due the crowd, the operation of the cafe is kinda messy. Wrong order, omission, wrong bills.... everything is possible.

For the first day, I ordered a fish and chips set at a nett price of RM5.90. Worth it!! My colleague ordered a seafood fried rice and juice. She had the food and drinks. Upon payment, the cashier at the front counter argued that we didn't order any drinks and insisted that we only need to pay for the food. Fine!! We just treat the drinks as a free gift then.

For the second day, I ordered a chicken chop set at a nett price of RM5.90. Worth it!! Worth it!! My colleague ordered the same with a iced chocolate blend. Upon serving, the waiter handed us 2 sets of chicken chop and 2 iced chocolate blend. She insisted that these are our order. As a result, I tried the iced chocolate blend in the cold cafe..... cool!! Upon payment, again the weird cashier argued that we only ordered one iced chocolate blend and again she insisted to collect the money for one iced chocolate blend only. I was the one to get the 'free gift' this round.

A 50% promotion plus some major and minor error around, I estimated that the cafe might make a loss in these 3 days... hehe!! Now I realise why the big crowd were willing to wait.... it's for the 50% discount plus free gift...hahaha!!
Fish and Chips Set
Chicken chop set
Last but not least... the 'free gift'!!

No comments: